Thursday 5 June 2014

Turntable & Vinyl

Hey. Recently I've been searching up on a good way to listen to classical music and I found out about turntables and vinyl. Ok guys, these things are so so cool and amazing i s2g . Since my type of music is all those pop, R&B and soul, more of like Adele,Amy Winehouse and Lana Del Rey. I decided to of course search up more on turntables and vinyl collections. I went to some websites and blog and read their entries about turntables and also watched a couple of youtube videos on a turntable review and tutorial on how to use it. It got me really fascinated about this antique music player thingy that I actually want to get one for myself. Listening to CDs may feel like its all produced and you wont feel the warmth of the real music in it that is why at this point of time, a lot of people still listen to vinyl as it has a really good sound quality compared to a CD and it does in fact accurately represent what was being recorded or maybe just to feel some nostalgia.

I was looking up on antique or vintage stores around town like orchard or city hall and found  Adelphi and also Sim Lim Square but I have not gone to Adelphi and thought that it might be very expensive there so I tried out online shops and I found  the Urban Outfitters website and they have exactly what I was looking for and also they sell vinyl records but sadly they do not have any outlets or branches here in Singapore so literally I have no choice at all. I think I'll be going turntable hunting with my Dad cos I told him I wanted to get one like seriously and he said maybe he'll get me one. And I'll maybe go out with some friends and take that chance to lure them into looking for a cheap and high quality turntable with me (AHAHAHAH *EVI LAUGH*) since its holidays but i'm not sure yet.


Right now actually I have got my eyes on the "Crosley X UO Cruiser Briefcase Portable Vinyl Record Player" which is from Urban outfitters and comes with different colours but I got my eyes specifically on the turquoise one just because I like it. This is actually the cheapest one they have in UO but If ever I see something I like in Adelphi or Sim Lim Square, well then maybe I'll go for that instead.



Urban Outfitters is like hands down he ultumate hipster shop in my opinion and I like it so so much too bad they do not have it in SG and I can't possibly go to US just to go shopping there cos that is absurd. Beside selling Vinly record players ofcourse they do too sell Vinyl Records. (HOW COOL IS THAATTTTTTT) This is not even half of what they sell and look how amazing it is. They've got LORDE (eh not rlly a fan), LANA DEL REY and BASTILLE (haven't listened to them yet


I'm most probably not going to be able to get these bad boys here any sooner cos I'm still saving up for so much things like1D TIX and other things I wanted to get but maybe I'll get there soon and i'll do a post about it so stay tuned :)






No comments:

Post a Comment