Thursday 5 November 2015

Instigator

I am once again back after a really irrational fever that could've been a viral infection (the bloody haze would've contributed as well). But I'm all well now and back on track!

I have been really into dark lipsticks lately like plums and dark reds especially matte lipsticks. And what more of a surprise I got when my friends decided to actually buy me a MAC MATTE LIPSTICK (as an early birthday present) in a shade that I have been wanting to get my hands on forever. About a few days ago, I bluffingly messaged my friends that I want a MAC lipstick as a birthday present and I sent them a picture of two shades, one in nude and the other in a dark plum shade. I was obviously kidding the whole time but at the same time hinting them what I wanted. But the thing is, I was totally not expecting them to really spend a great amount of money on a birthday present. Being with them and having them as someone I could run to when I'm at my lowest is good enough for me but they decided to go overboard with it which totally made me realize that these people are legit.





And here it is. Take note that this is actually my very first MAC product ever as I wouldn't even dare to have a step into the MAC retail store as it just really intimidates me. The camera in my I phone 6 does not really do justice on the lipstick's original shade but I'll try my best to describe it in words. I was really shocked at first when I saw the packaging as It was overly tiny and I expected it to be somewhat a bit larger than it normal size. However, its minimalism and simple exterior really catches my eye and sets that chic look. The shade is in the name "Instigator" , as seen from the title of this blog post. The shade itself of course overpowers with the colour violet. A dark and opaque shade of violet which I really really love. 

colour/shade - As I said earlier, the shade Instigator is more on the dark violet/purple side and is really bold and just out there when worn. However, it has this light purple shade when only several coats is applied. 

smell - I dont know about other users but I like my lipstick to be smelling good because its on your mouth and it stays there for quite abit of time right? the lipsticks that I have from sephora has this divine smell I couldn't even put to words and of course I was not disappointed by MAC as this lipstick smelled like vanilla and milk. (vanilla scents are my fave, not even kidding)





I decided to swatch the lipstick on my hand instead because I was lazy to put it on and I am currently looking like a dead sloth due to haggardness from netball training. In addition, I can't grow or get my nails done as once again, due to netball. But lets all now focus on the shade on my hand, Isn't it lovely??? I am literally in love with it and I'll definitely wear it every single day that I go out and try to match it with the clothes that I wear. This just gave me an idea. How about I post 3 different outfit that is totally compatible with this shade of lipstick? Yes that sounds like a good one. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment